To our Residents and Family Members,
Good Afternoon to our Residents and Families, Following substantive feedback from residents, families, staff/operators, continuing care associations, and other stakeholders, we are pleased to share the following updates from the Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH).
Alberta is taking a two-phase approach to easing restrictions in long-term care settings. This approach recognizes the readiness of operators, staff, residents, and family/support persons for incremental easing while balancing the transitory need to ensure preventative measures are in place before resuming pre-pandemic processes to communicable disease control.
As of July 31, 2021, Venta Care will transition to phase 1.
- As per Alberta Health Services, phase 1 encompasses the removal of requirements that are no longer needed to prevent or limit the spread of COVID-19 (including restrictions on numbers and types of visiting persons).
- Online bookings are no longer required.
What is still required is:
- Health assessment screening upon entry for staff, students, services providers, volunteers and visiting persons (at the current back screening area).
- Continuous masking for staff, students, volunteers, and service providers.
- Continuous masking for visiting persons while in common areas (masks do not have to be worn in resident rooms).
- It is strongly recommended that visiting persons who are not yet fully vaccinated (including children under 12 years old), keep their mask on at all times and in all areas of the building.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection (twice daily in common areas only).
- Testing guidelines for residents and staff with symptoms or COVID exposure.
- Situation specific isolation/quarantine requirements.
- Families are able to take their loved ones on outings (there is no need for quarantine after the outing).
- The management of symptomatic residents or asymptomatic residents who are or may have been a close contact of a COVID-19 positive case has not changed.
Phase 2 will be reassessed in the fall at which time rescind all remaining CMOH Orders specific to licensed supportive living, long-term care, and hospice and back to pre-pandemic processes and expectations.
Venta Care Centre would like to thank you for your continued support during these difficult times. We will continue to provide updates as necessary.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Christine Birzgalis, Director of Nursing 780-377-4403.
Dr. Peter Birzgalis
CEO Venta Care Centre