To our Residents and Family Members,
Venta Care Centre has developed a safe visitation plan with resident, family, and staff involvement that complies with the new CMOH Order 16-2021 came into effect May 10, 2021.
Based on the sites risk tolerance assessment all of the following visitation options will be made available beginning Wednesday, May 19, 2021:
- Virtual phone calls or Skype sessions.
- Indoor visitation in a designated indoor space for up to two (2) Designated Support Persons at one time.
- Indoor visitation in the residents’ room for up to two (2) Designated Support Persons at one time.
- Outdoor visitation in a designated outdoor courtyard space (weather permitting) for up to four (4) Designated Support Persons at one time.
All visits shall be reserved online at www.ventacarecentre.com utilizing the online booking tool.
Designated Family/ Support Persons and other visitors (if applicable) must adhere to Venta Care Centre’s Safe Visitation policy and guidelines.
Safe Visitation Guidelines
- Upon entry the Designated Family/ Support person(s) or other visitor will have their health screened, If you have any of the symptoms identified or recent known exposure to COVID-19 you will not be permitted to enter Venta Care Centre, even if you have been vaccinated.
- All visitors are required to wear a mask to enter the facility and will be provided a clean mask/ face shield (and other PPE as required) once the health assessment screening is complete, PPE must be worn continuously throughout the visit, Instructions on how to put on and take off your mask and any other PPE will be provided to you.
- Ensure consistent hand hygiene is used. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer should be used before, during, and after all visits.
- Only visit with the resident(s) you are supporting or visiting.
- A maximum of two (2) Designated Family/ Support persons will be permitted at one time for indoor visits to ensure physical distancing is adhered to.
- A maximum of four (4) Designated Family / Support persons will be permitted to visit outdoors at one time due to facility layout.
- Designated family/ support person under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
If a visitor does not abide by facility safe visitation practices, they may be refused entry. Venta Care Centre has a Complaint /Concerns Resolution and Monitoring Process for dispute resolution. Please address any questions or concerns you may have with Venta’s process for visiting and the interpretation and implementation of Order 29-2021 to Sarah Elsokari at 780-476-6678 or email@example.com.
Please note these changes have no effect on current essential visitors or their visitation schedules.
We wish to thank you in advance for your understanding and co-operation.
Dr. Peter Birzgalis
CEO of Venta Care Centre