To our Residents and Family Members,
Thank you to everyone who participated in last week’s survey. Venta Care Centre would like to announce that Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services- our partners in care have heard and responded to the family and resident request for having continual asymptomatic staff swabbing. There will be a staged rollout for full implementation to be in place by March 15, 2021! We will continue sending you information weekly as more information comes our way.
Again, Venta Care Centre would like to thank you for your support and collaboration during the facility outbreak. We continue to proceed cautiously with your collaboration and support as there is a growing prevalence and likely persistence of community transmission of the COVID-19 variant.
We know that the best way to prevent the entry of COVID-19 into long-term care settings is to limit nonessential visitors from entering the home. However, we are working with everyone to ensure that the resident’s mental health and well-being are supported.
As previously indicated, an emergency Resident Council meeting was convened on February 2, 2021. By a unanimous consensus, the Residents indicated that they would like to see visitation only in the designated visitation area. We have already opened visitation bookings via telephone and online.
Venta Care Centre started in-person visitations this week and will continue to be held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. At this time only the two Primary Family Designates will be allowed to visit. Please email Terra your two designates if your family has not already chosen. email@example.com.
- If you have an in-person visit booked, please do not arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled time as space in the screening, the area is limited.
- Please note that you are required to wear a face-covering upon entry into the facility.
- Please do not bring your personal water bottles/ coffee /treats into the facility
Other housekeeping items:
- Personal laundry pick-up and drop off times will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Please call an hour prior to arriving for laundry pickup. Phone Number 780-377-4400.
- Hairdressing services will commence next week (we will have more information in the next newsletter).
- This week we have Chinese New Year and a Valentine’s Day Celebration planned for the residents (stay tuned next week for photos).
- A recreation calendar will be sent out to you soon.
We are committed to full transparency in keeping you informed.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Helen Doan Director of Nursing 780-377-2326.
Dr. Peter Birzgalis
CEO Venta Care Centre