Venta Care Centre Newsletter
Dear Valued Residents and Families,
Flu Season is upon us as we continue to go through our 4th wave of COVID. In Alberta, we continue to be in a state of emergency and continue to follow strict guidelines. We are fortunate that our facility remains COVID-free.
Last year the flu was virtually non-existent thanks to strict public health measures to protect against COVID-19. Surveillance data from the Public Health Agency of Canada shows higher rates of infection than expected this year for some of Canada’s most common seasonal viruses: respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV., and human parainfluenza.
Our influenza vaccine campaign for all residents and staff will begin on October 25th, 2021. We require family consent before we can administer the vaccine. Please complete the attached ‘Consent for Influenza Immunization form and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1600 hrs. on Friday, October 22nd, 2021.
The National Advisory Committee on Immunization suggested the flu vaccine can be given any time before or after the COVID-19 vaccine, so there’s no reason to postpone either shot.
Venta Care Centre continues to take proactive measures to protect this vulnerable population including:
- Requesting that visitors provide proof of vaccination upon entering the facility.
- Providing booster COVID vaccine (third dose) to all eligible residents.
- Careful monitoring of resident’s newly admitted or readmitted to the facility.
- Rapid Testing all our staff daily.
- Ensuring all of our staff are double vaccinated by October 31, 2021.
- Strict hand hygiene protocols and high touch surface disinfecting.
- Staff continue to wear masks and face shields.
Other News / Updates
Visiting hours remain from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm seven days a week. We would like to hear from you! Please complete the Visitor Survey on your way out to let us know how your visit went.
- Our Occupational Health and Safety System will be evaluated in December of2021 by an external certified provincial auditor to ensure we are meeting all provincial standards.
- Venta Care Centre will be undergoing Accreditation in February 2022. Venta works with Accreditation Canada to help improve quality, safety, and efficiency so that we can provide the best possible care and service to our residents and families.
- An essential ingredient to high quality healthcare is actively including the voice of the residents and families to improve quality, safety, and health outcomes. Please join us at our regular monthly Resident / Family Advisory Group Committee meetings so you and your loved one can share insight and information in ways that the health care team can learn from.
- Our Registered Dietitian has approved our new 2021/2022 fall-winter menus. The menu will be out and available online beginning Monday, October 25th, 2021.
Thank you for your continued support.